A dishwasher is one of the vital parts of your kitchen. It’s become a nightmare for the owners of the house if the dishwasher doesn’t work properly or leak water or don’t drain properly.
Many Owners Invest a lot of money in repair the dishwasher. In this article, we will show how to fix a dishwasher that won’t drain and also we will give a solution to some common problem.
Many Dishwasher can repair by simply replace some parts or cleaning the appliance carefully by yourself. If you can do it yourself then you can save the money that you would have paid your repairmen. You can do it within 30-40 Minute.
First and foremost you have to know how a dishwasher work
How To Works A Dishwasher
It’s necessary to know to work procedure of dishwasher because it will help you to repair your dishwasher safely and perfectly.
Lower Part (Bellow the bottom rack) of the dishwasher take 2/3 gallons of water and heats the water by a heating element above 140F /60”c. The rotating Spray arms pump the level of water and mixed it with detergent onto the dishes.
The next rinse spray drains the water also supplied fresh water and heating element again dry the dishes. This loop continues several times. During this operation door and other escape, point have to remain sealed perfectly.
Dishwasher Won’t Drain Properly
Check The Blockage
- First, you have to make sure that nothing covers the bottom area of the dishwasher like paper, plastic, larger objects etc.
- If after first task dishwasher won’t drain then check the drain hose which connects below the sink.
Check For Clogged
- You have to make sure that sink drain is clear that means it’s not clogged.
- Turn Off the power and take time to cool the dishwasher. At first take out strainer which at the base point, then lift off the spray arm by taking out the screw of the hubcap. Then clean it if anything holds onto it.
- Clean the debris by removing the cap of the installed air gap.
- Warning: Don’t enter your hand in the garbage disposer. A serious injury might have occurred.
Check that right amount of detergent used in the dishwasher. Because if you used huge amount detergent could prevent the dishwasher from cleaning and draining.
Dishwasher Don’t Clean Enough The Dish
It’s really disappointing if you see that your dishwasher can’t clean enough the dish. Here we suggest some tips, try this
- Check the strain screen. If any dirt attached to it, clean it.
- Check the Spray arms, Might be mineral deposits build up in the spray, so removed spray and soak in vinegar. Disposal will be clear.
- You may use high-quality detergent.
- Finally, you can replace the water inlet valve.
Dishwasher Is Not Drying The Dishes
It’s a frustrating, when dishes not dry in dishwasher. The main reason for this is metal heating element doesn’t work properly. Dishes drying operation controlled by this metal element.
Comparatively, it’s cheap also very easy to replace. Don’t worried about how to replace the heating element. Here give you the replacement procedure.
- Safety First, Turn off the machine and wait some minutes to cool the heating element.
- Remove the Heating element from the bottom
- Two wire locate on the back side of the dishwasher which are attached to this metal element terminal. By the Screwdriver loose the wire slowly.
- Note the wire position (left and right)
- Unscrew the two nuts by a wrench. Use 3 / 4 inch wrench (may vary).
- Remove the lower rack by opening the door.
- Lifting out the metal heating element, you already loose it.so remove it.
- So, Now Doing this procedure from last to first very carefully and perfectly(avoid cracking the nuts)
Dishwasher Doesn’t Fill
Sometime dishwasher is running but doesn’t fill, that means there is a fault either in water supply system or Water draining too quickly.
First, make sure that dishwasher water supply is turned on, then check the hot water supply at stop valve.
2nd check the water inlet valve.
We give you the guide How to fix Dishwasher That won’t drain Also Some common Problem and its Solution. Now your turn to implement it.